Welcome to LGS7
LGS7 will be held at the National School of Political and Administrative Studies in Bucharest, Romania. It is part of a tradition that started in Tilburg, NL (1999) and continued in St. Petersburg, Russia (2001), Certosa di Pontignano (Siena), Italy (2003), Caen, France (2005), Bilbao, Spain (2007), Tsukuba, Japan (2009).
Just like the six previous conferences, LGS7 will focus on the theoretical connections between logic and game theory, game theory and social choice, logic and social choice. This year we will also invite papers on algorithmic aspects of game theory and social choice, applications to language and linguistics, ethics and social choice.
The conference programme will include invited lectures and contributed talks.
The LGS meetings are one of the primary international forums to present and discuss new results on a wide range of issues. Topics include, but are not limited to:
• Logic and Game Theory: information, (common) knowledge, belief formulation and revision;
• Game Theory and Social Choice: implementation, stable sets, coalition formation, strategy proofness, cooperative game solutions;
• Social Choice and Logic: deontic logic, rights, multi-agent logic, belief revision;
With respect to applications one can think of:
• Decision-processes and procedures and their complexity;
• Simple games, characterization and qualification of influence or power;
• Political decision making, competition of political parties;
• Emergence of common rules;
• Bounded rationality;
• Computational and algorithmic aspects of game theory and social choice.